"Am Fuldaufer" RV parking
The RV parking area is located directly on the Fulda and the Fulda Bike Path R1 as well as in the immediate vicinity of the historic half-timbered town. Numerous shopping opportunities and restaurants are in the direct neighbourhood. The train station can be reached in approx. 10 minutes by foot.
10 parking spaces (10 x 5 m), €10.00/day for electricity and water supply (March-October/Automat). Camper trailers not allowed. Open all year
City centre 500 m, shopping facilities 50 m
An idyllic market square, a famous town hall - in Melsungen, the historic half-timbered town on the Fulda with its over 1000 year history, there is much to discover: the Landgrave Castle, the Gothic-Romanesque town church, medieval towers, remains of the town wall, old fountains, flower-decorated half-timbered alleys, richly decorated beams, historical inscriptions and carvings. In the romantic old town, more than 400 lovingly restored half-timbered houses form a harmonious ensemble. In the centre stands the historical, three-storey town hall where the Melsungen symbol figure, the Bartenwetzer, appears from the central tower daily at 12 noon and 6 pm.
Leisure time and adventure
- City tours - for individuals from May to October: Saturday 11 am, Tuesdays and Sundays 2 pm - for groups all year round desired dates bookable: e.g. thematic tours on half-timbered architecture & more -
- Cycling and hiking holidays
- Raft trips and canoe tours on the Fulda
- Pedal boat rental
- Forest swimming pool: heated outdoor pool (May - Sept.) Fun & leisure indoor pool (Sept. - May)
- Fishing in the Fulda & Lake
Tip for Fairy Tale Route
Get to know the historical half-timbered town on a guided tour with the Melsunger "Bartenwetzer" or experience the town on a thematic tour, e.g.
- History with pleasure
- The darker side of the city
- En route with Lisbeth
Special guided tours for children
- Cool thing, this half-timbering
- Discovery tour with "Barti"
- May - September: Summer/Saturday Concerts
- August: Old half-timbered house & young wines: Wine Festival (end of August)
- October: North Hesse tasteful! - Specialities Festival (mid-Oct.)
- December: Christmas Market in the Winter Forest
51° 08' 04.9" N / 9° 32' 35.2"