Hotel Zur Warte
Once upon a time…
long ago, a small village, then a benefice of Berlepsch castle, had a village pond in which the frogs always quacked in the springtime... and since people were still underway on foot or with a horse cart in those days, the natives christened them “Dohrenbacher frogs”... and they are still quacking away ... Today the “frogs” – still proud of their name – democratically elect their own Frog King.
The Brothers Grimm, driven out of Göttingen and on the road to Kassel, overnighted in Witzenhausen and said good-by to their students on the Werra bridge. They incorporated the fairy tale of Iron Henry into their collection.
Our 3-star superior hotel lies very peacefully in the climatic spa of Dohrenbach, a district of the university and cherry town of Witzenhausen. From here, you can go on a discovery tour and perhaps meet the Frog King in his realm, the Deutscher Froschmuseum (German Frog Museum). Are you still looking for your prince? Kiss one of the many frogs! Perhaps your wish will come true …
If you can’t get enough of the Brothers Grimm, the high Meissner with the Mother Hulda Pond is right at your doorstep. Kassel and Göttingen will attract you, quaint half-timbered towns in the green band, hikes on premium paths, canoe trips, climbing wall and "men's playground" ... You see that our beautiful Werra Valley has a lot to offer to discoverers old and young – visit us and let yourself be bewitched!
- 20 non-smoking rooms, decorated according to fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm, predominantly with balcony
- Ample breakfast buffet with regional products
- Indoor swimming pool
- Restaurant, beer garden
- Large garden with sunbathing area and table tennis
- Hay hotel fairytale barn....overnight in organic hay, modern sanitary facilities and recreation room, terrace and garden
- German Frog Museum “Frog King”
- Sufficient free parking places, garages
- Loan cage for parrots, bicycles free of charge for hotel guests.......
Prices include breakfast buffet
- Single rooms from €52.00
- Double rooms from €72.00
- Family rooms from €85.00
Overnighting in the hay hotel from €10.00 without breakfast!